During the visit I will need to measure the internal dimensions of rooms, positions of the windows and doors, and the height of the room. All measurements will be taken using a laser tape measure so there will be no/minimal contact.
There will also be a survey of the outside of the house after the internal visit, and the overall appointment will last approximately 30-60 minutes.
Before the visit please
- Pull back curtains and blinds allowing easy access to measure the window
- Pull back any furniture from windows to allow access to measure the dimensions
- Open windows in each room and leave all internal doors open for the duration of the visit
During the visit
- One person may remain in the room keeping a minimum distance of two metres, or please feel free to wait outside if you prefer
- All other householders to wait outside of the property or remain in another room, vacating this room at the appropriate time if it also needs to be measured
- If there are any questions at the end of the visit a discussion can take place in the garden or outside space
- Mask and gloves will be put on before entering the property and worn throughout
- There will never be any back-to-back site visits so clean clothes will be worn at the property and changed immediately after
- The visit can be postponed if anyone needs to self-isolate at this
One thought on “Site Visit Guidance”
Pingback: Site Visits – June 2020 | Alexandra Cork - Architectural Technician, Extensions and Planning Permission on Bristol, Bath and beyond